Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday.


Kansas City woke up this morning to a beautiful Fall fog. LOVE IT! It was amazing to see the brightly colored trees contrasting against the dreary fog, and I was seriously in heaven. My heaven has Fall fog.

I had a community event at church this morning, which was really the only reason I was out of bed in time to see the fog. Anyway, I got home from church ready for a nap because this cold has zapped every ounce of energy I have. I decided a nap in my dad's bed would be the best choice because his bed is SUPER comfortable, Dad was gone fishing, and my room was full of sunlight. Now, the rest of the blog post is gross. It's not intentionally gross, it just is. There's your warning, moving on...

I was in my getting to take a nap routine, which involves emptying my bladder, so I went into Dad's bathroom to pee. I noticed there was a number 2 surprise just hanging out in the toilet bowl (I wish this was as gross as the story got, believe you me!), so I did a flush and run and went to another bathroom. Pretty instantly I heard something I knew was not a good noise. Dad's number 2 toilet water was overflowing. Freaking sick. I kind of just stood and watched in amazement because seriously it was gross & remember Dad was out fishing.

I will be honest and tell you I was totally tempted to let it wait for Dad. It was his mess after all. I just happened to flush it FOR HIM. Anyway, I ran downstairs to grab my phone to tell Dad he was going to have to clean up when he got home, when I heard water dripping from the CEILING in the bathroom downstairs (conveniently located directly under Dad's bathroom). At this point I knew I couldn't just leave it, so I ran out to the garage and grabbed the shop vac. I lugged it upstairs where I was greeted with the worst smell known to man. I had a huge dilemma because I've been SUPER NAUSEATED all week, what with the loss of equilibrium and balance from the sinus/ear infection, and today was the first day I didn't wake up ready to vomit. So I searched for a mask of any kind to guard from the smell, but all I could find was a towel to tie around my face. I spent the next hour of my beautiful Saturday vacuuming up poo water, disinfecting walls & toilets, and opening every window in the house to air out this sucker.

I'm grateful it's a perfect day to have windows open. I'm also grateful my brother returned the shop vac when he borrowed it. Lastly, I hope Dad had a great time fishing.

P.S. I wish I could take credit for this lovely Fall photo, but I stole it from http://www.wunderground.com .

6 comments:

Partyof9 said...

OMG! LOL!

You had me fooled. I was going to say " awsome picture you took there Rach!". =D

The potty stuff is just disgusting. Sorry you had to deal with that since it wasn't your own poo and all... Icky poo poo! =(

2 thumbs up for an overall great read though. lol

LOVE YOU!

Mom said...

lol. Well, I've been a little behind in my blog reading; so, the story retold in graphic detail! I hope you have your Dad replace the carpet. I can't imagine any disinfectant powerful enough to kill the visual image of what you described. A little KILZ on the ceiling and a fresh coat of paint wouldn't hurt either. Hey! Maybe this would be a great Christmas present!?

Didn't your Dad get rid of his water bed?

Mom said...

Oh, and I love the picture. My heaven has Fall leaves and occasional fog too! :)

Mom said...

Oh, and I love the picture. My heaven has Fall leaves and occasional fog too! :)

Mom said...

Sorry. Didn't mean to post that last one twice. I'm still learning this stuff!

Rachel said...

INCREDIBLE. I've been lol-ing at my desk!