Sunday, November 18, 2007

Silent Strike is Over!

I am done striking. I was the only one aware of my blog strike, but I just can't resist anymore. The purpose of my strike was to get a new template from my sister who so beautifully designed one for me and then put it on The Skinny Squad. Rude!

Moving right along... I am feeling much better, thanks to antibiotics and Flonase. I had a terrible sinus/ear infection. Pretty much, my whole head was infected. I still get this raspy call-girl-esque voice at around 11:30 at night from all the drainage. Call me to hear a sample, it's great.

This weekend has been busy. My whole plan to clean my apartment is no longer in effect. I babysat for 11 hours yesterday (2 families, back-to-back), and I was Christmas shopping with Chris today. Ya'll will be proud of the fact that I didnt' spend a dime. As a matter of fact, I even saved Chris $13+ with my Borders Rewards card. So pretty much, I'm just amazing.

The go. Campaign has officially hit it's one-year mark, and we celebrated that at church today. The only disappointment was not seeing the evolution of dance live again. I just continue to love the message at church -- building a church for the unchurched. As a congregation we continue to grow, yet the church doesn't advertise. It's all by living example and word of mouth. That is amazing. I love hearing the stories of how people ended up at Heartland. It's kind of like hearing other people's stories in AA -- so many similarities. It's great.

I've made a huge decision to go on a 4-day retreat with The Gathering, the young adult ministry at Heartland. It really has been God pointing me in that direction and me agreeing to follow. Tonight I'm going to The Gathering for the first time in months. I'm so excited. So excited! I'm also going to go on a Women's Retreat in January with the Women's Ministry people. That will rock. The only thing that makes me nervous is the amount of estrogen. I don't get along in large groups of women very well, but I imagine I'll be just fine. That tends to generally be the case.

Anyway, if I don't update before Thanksgiving I hope everyone has a truly blessed holiday with their family and friends. I'll head to Utah on Tuesday night, and I'm so excited to spend time with my family in Deer Valley. It will be a blast.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ha ha....blog strike? Very funny. I apologize for loving my own template and putting it on my friends blog. I will make you one tonight and email you the html stuff if its cute. LOVE YOU SIS I'M GLAD WE GET TO HANG OUT ALL WEEKEND

Rachel said...

I love that you're leaving me a comment NEXT DOOR! You're hilarious. DO I like stink or something? Can you not come over and hang out? I'm super stoked to hang out this weekend. LOVE YOU WHORE!