Monday, June 22, 2009

The Green Sheet

In the fall of 1999 I was entering my Junior year of high school. I had a bomb ass English teacher named Mrs. Kerr, who handed out a green piece of paper that we were told to keep forever and ever, amen. I kept mine. This green sheet highlighted important grammatical rules to remember and never forget. Our lives depended on this green sheet. I knew I still had mine, but I officially found it in junk room #1 about 10 minutes ago. In honor of my bomb ass English teacher, I share some of her wisdom:
  • Do not use the following "bad" words:
    a lot, stuff, nice, thing, things, got, gotten, you, your, yourself, weird, kinda, sorta, nice, something, very.

  • Towards is not a word.... it is toward. (Note: spell check thinks "towards" is a word.)

  • Do not start sentences with "There is" or "There are...." BORING!!
Mrs. Kerr, thank you for your prodigious efforts in schooling a bunch of unruly teenagers. The English Language commends you. Also, please don't grade my posts. I'm allowed to have errors.

2 comments:

Partyof9 said...

Aww...
Now, I know who to blame for your compulsive behavior TOWARD grammatical errors! lol

Love you! I miss our chats!

LuNdEn :) said...

Hey it's your cuz Lunden!
Add me to your blog :)