Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grammar Lesson

I hate to do this. Actually, I'm happy to do this. I get so irritated by horrible grammar. Like if you're out of high school, you should have decent grammar. If you're out of high school & have terrible grammar -- SHAME ON YOU! Educate yourself by remembering these simple rules...

The difference between you're and your is as follows:
"You're" - Contraction for You are. "You're an idiot."
"Your" - Describing the possessor as someone else (you). "Your grammar is atrocious."

"Irregardless" is NOT a word. Quit using it, unless you're quoting the movie, "Mean Girls." The correct word is "regardless." This one is EASY. Next time you say "irregardless" follow it with a simple, "Oh I'm sorry I'm an effing moron and promoting the use of a word that doesn't exist."

All you apostrophe-happy people, click here.

From now on, my precious people, I WILL be correcting your grammar. You also have permission to correct mine. However, if you start attacking my blog grammar, you will be stopped. This is a BLOG, and I don't care about having PERFECT grammar HERE. If I do break my own rules (posted above) you can call me on it, but everything else is off limits -- until I feel another need to educate you on grammar.

That is all.

Carry on.

5 comments:

cody+sara said...

SERIOUSLY!! I think YOU'RE one of the funniest people I know. Thanks for always making me laugh! YOU'RE a great person and I'm glad to know you.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Fellow Blogging Friends,
Our blog is now set to private, as we have had an unknown and unwanted visitor post a nasty comment on our blog recently. You are still invited to view our blog, but I need your email address, in order to add you to our list of invited readers. Please send me the email address you use for blogger to melandstevebarnes@gmail.com, and I will add you right away!
Melanie and Steve

.:.stephanie.:. said...

Holy crap. Thank you for that! How in the heck are you, Rachel?!

Melissa said...

Rachel you better never ever read my blog I will drive you crazy:)

Mom said...

That's my girl!